Sunday, August 6, 2017

Prayer - Answers

When I have asked for prayer, what I notice is that my life runs more smoothly, that blockages to my progress toward a goal are simplified or removed, that I have a stronger sense of confidence in God and myself, that a great sense of well being encompasses me. I ask for prayer a lot these days.

For the last few months I have needed information on the health of someone I love dearly, but his family would not respond, and in one case, actually commanded me never to contact the family again. I poured out my woes to a friend I’ve had since childhood, and she put me on her church’s prayer chain. She also suggested holding the family in the light of Christ as a way of moving toward forgiveness for their indifference and hurtful behavior.

During my morning time of contemplative prayer, I touched my love for Christ and his for me, and was able to bring forth through holy imagination, a golden light of Christ’s love and sacrifice to embrace each member of the family, myself, and my inner child who is hurting terribly. This immediately gave me some relief, and the next day I received a call from one of the family with a thorough update on my friend.

God cares about those matters that are close to our heart, and is there for us to pour that heart out with the expectation that in some surprising way, at a specific time, an answer will come that surprises us.

No comments:

Post a Comment